We have been giving for 25 years!
In 1990, widespread budget cuts threatened the quality of education. A group of concerned parents established S.H.O.R.E. which stands for: Scituate High Opportunities and Resources for Education. We provide financial support for the three “A’s”at Scituate High School. (Academics, Arts, & Athletics) We are a 501 (c)(3) organization.
For 25 years, SHORE has granted more than $900,000 to provide SHS students with the best opportunities available to become accomplished young adults. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
How does it work??
1) A need is identified in one of the three A’s THAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE SCHOOL BUDGET.
2) A faculty member; staff member; coach or SHS student (along with a SHS teacher/staff advisor) completes a grant application and then presents it in front of the Executive Board during a grant meeting which occurs twice a year, in October and March.
3) A grant can be awarded up to the amount of $5,000.
How can you help??
1) MAKE a donation in any amount!
2) SHARE your ideas and skills by attending a meeting!
3) SUPPORT our fundraisers by volunteering your time and resources:
SHORE sponsors these fundraisers each year:
- Concessions at home football games in the fall.
- Polar Express – Sunday, December 11th, 2016
- Run4Scituate – May 7th 2017